Every Father’s Day is filled with lists of gifts for dad that don’t apply to my husband. As a man who works with his hands, a tie, desk clock, or gift of personalized office accessories would completely miss the mark. I need the perfect blue collar father’s day gift and I never know where to find it.
We’re not high-brow enough for golf or other “Dad sports”, and he doesn’t have an office in which to hang a giant canvas print of our adorable children.
This post contains affiliate links, which means that if you click on one of the product links, I may receive a small commission from your purchase.
The PERFECT Blue Collar Father’s Day Gifts (Under $100)
Fortunately, I’ve taken the guesswork out finding the perfect blue collar father’s day gift this year. These make great year-round gifts, and would be perfect for birthday’s, Christmas, or other gift-giving celebrations.
No cliche gifts here: these are all functional and useful gifts that he’ll actually use (and thank you for!)
Father’s Day Gifts to Use at Work
- Moisture Wicking Underwear- It’s one of those things I don’t like to think about, but know exists: ball sweat. For men who work long shifts outside or in non-air conditioned areas, these can be lifesavers and help to prevent chafing and other things I won’t describe. My husband says that men at his work swear by Duluth Trading Company underwear. They come in brief, boxer, or boxer brief and lots of color, style, and fabric options. (Starting at $13.99/pair)
- Water Bottle or Tumbler- My husband uses the standard Igloo 1/2 gallon jug, but the RTIC Stainless Steel Tumbler has been recommended by a number of men who work in manual labor fields. This is a durable tumbler, available here in 30 oz. size that is essentially a Yeti tumbler without the branding and at half the cost. The insulated tumbler holds ice for up to 24 hours and has a 7 year warranty. (As of 6/4/17 this was not available from the manufacturer, but can be purchased online from Walmart.com for $25.87)
- Durable Lunchbox- If he’s not already, bringing lunch to work is a great way to save money and have more healthy options available than eating out for lunch every day. Men in manufacturing and labor jobs may find their day less stressful when lunchtime is spent sitting and eating, and not driving to find some food. The Stanley 10 Qt. Classic Lunchbox is durable, functional, and pretty easy on the eyes. (Available from Stanley for $33.75, but also sold at a variety of online and brick and mortar retailers)
- Outdoor Headwear- If he’s outside often, especially during the warmer months, sun protection is a must. If you want to get him a durable hat that will last for years and help protect from sun, this classically styled Filson Bush Hat in Tan is the perfect choice. It’s made of wind, water, and abrasion resistant material and makes a great blue collar father’s day gift because it is meant to last. (Available at Filson.com for $65). If he’s not into the full brimmed hat look, the Buff is a great option. This multi-functional headgear can be worn in a variety of fashions and is made of moisture-wicking microfiber fabric. There are also HUNDREDS of styles and color options to choose from, making it easy to find something to match his personality or style. (Available at buffwear.com, starting at $15.76)
- Magnetic Wristbands- These handy gadgets are perfect for men in a variety of professions and make a great gift when given in sets. The MagnoGrip 5.5″ Magnetic Wristband set is perfect for those who work in tight spaces with tools and don’t often have an extra hand or place to put something. The bracelet allows screws and other fasteners to stay with ease and eliminates the need to stop work to bend down and pick something up. (Available at HomeDepot.com as a set of two for $19.99)
- Breakfast on the Go- Starting the day with a wholesome breakfast is super important for everyone, but especially for those who physically exert themselves all day long. This absolutely adorable and functional breakfast set features 4 small Mason jars full of oats in a wooden Haulin’ Oats (hahahaha) carry case. Gift these and all he has to do is add yogurt, mix and eat. Perfect way to prep breakfast for the week and reduce waste from packaged foods. (Available from Uncommon Goods for $40)
- Heavy Duty Radio- If the Dad you’re shopping for works in an industrial area, chances are he needs to make sure he has super durable supplies. This Milwaukee M-12 Job Site Radio is a good pick for outdoor weather conditions and hard-working job sites. While there are no bluetooth radios under the $100 price point, this one still allows you to use an mp3 player or phone with the included aux cable. (Available at HomeDepot.com for $99.00)
- Digital Tape Measure- Whether he uses it at work or for projects around the house, this practical father’s day gift saves time and frustration when working solo by displaying results as you measure. He can also store results and calculate the results into a variety of units of measurement. (Available at HomeDepot.com for $29.95)Check out this list of ways you can give the gift of giving back, no money needed!
Father’s Day Gifts to Use at Home
- Wooden Beer Caddy- Whether he uses it to tote beer or craft soda, this stylish wooden caddy with metal bottlecap opener makes a cute and functional gift. You won’t mind seeing it sitting around the house when he never even bothers to use it! (Available at Target.com for $12.99)
- Gifts to Pamper- After being on their feet for 8-12 hours per day, men in manual labor industries deserve some pampering. Of course he’ll never schedule a pedicure or relaxation time for himself, so bring it to him. This Foot Doctor Pedicure Kit makes a great gift when paired with a wooden foot massager, like this Massage Tools Foot Massager Roller. (Pedicure kit available at Ulta.com for $24.99; foot massager available at Walmart.com for $32.25)
- Funny Drink Coasters- These may be for him, but you’ll benefit if you’re gifting these to your spouse. Don’t Fuck Up The Table coasters are a great reminder to put your drink on furniture responsibly. (Available at Amazon.com as a Set of 4 for $19.99)
- Flameless Grill Smoker- This metal wood chip smoker box works to enhance the smoke flavor of your food without flames. It works by allowing just enough ventilation to generate smoke, but not enough to generate flames. My husband would probably have zero use for this, as he doesn’t eat meat, but if your man does then he’ll love this flavor-enhancing gadget that call for minimal work on his part. (Available at Fancy.com for $50)
- Squatty Potty- By now you’ve certainly seen the hilarious unicorn poop commercials produced by the Squatty Potty company, but have you tried it? This is another great gift “for him” that you’ll love. The premise behind the Squatty Potty is that it helps you get your body in perfect alignment, the way it was meant to be to, ahem, “cleanse the colon”. (Available at Target.com for $24.99)
- Body Pillow– Body pillows aren’t just for pregnant women. Everyone can benefit from a better night’s sleep with a contoured body pillow. The Sleep Yoga Multi-Position Body Pillow makes a great blue collar Father’s Day gift for men who do lots of physical labor, or anyone who needs a more relaxing night sleep. It can be arranged into the position most comfortable for him, providing a more peaceful night’s rest with less uncomfortable pressure that comes from aging and exercise. (Available at Overstock.com for $53.99)
- Key Organizer- A pocket full of keys isn’t conducive to safety on the job, and the constant jangling can be annoying. The KeySmart Minimalist Key Organizer allows him to carry up to 8 standard US sized keys in one compact case. This eliminates thigh pokes and jingles and compresses a ring or 8 keys to the size of a pack of gum! (Available at TheGrommet.com for $17.95)
What Are Your Favorite Blue Collar Father’s Day Gift Ideas??
Is one of the dad’s in your life a mechanic, construction worker, farmer, or other type of manual laborer? So are some of my favorite men! I hope you can use this list as inspiration and find the perfect Father’s Day gift under $100!